The Little Vampire series of children's books by Angela Sommer Bodenburg began in 1979, and were originally adapted for German television in 1985, and a cinema version was released in 2000.
Shown on ITV2 today, the film featured Richard E Grant (pictured here as Sackville-Bagg) and ten other Doctor Who cast and crew connections:
- Alice Krige (Freda) voiced Dr Patricia Sawyer for Phantoms of the Deep (Big Finish, 2013)
- Elizabeth Berrington (Elizabeth) was Auntie in The Doctor's Wife
- Jim Carter (Rookery) voiced Brother Bernard for The Book of Kells (BF, 2010)
- Steve Griffin was also a stuntman on The Idiot's Lantern
- Georgie Glen (Lorna) was Mrs King in The Sarah Jane Adventures: The Temptation of...
- three-times Oscar winning costume designer James Acheson worked in the same capacity on twenty-nine episodes of the 'classic' series, from The Mutants to The Deadly Assassin - he was responsible for designing the Fourth Doctor's first outfit
- digital compositor Sandra Roach was a 2D artist on The Idiot's Lantern, The Impossible Planet, The Satan Pit and Love & Monsters
- Micky Reeves was the gaaffer on Closing Time and Torchwood too
- Richard Glass and Jemma Scott-Knox-Gore both worked on The Time of the Doctor too, as (contact lens) optician and co-ordinator