The BBC have announced details of their new celebratory TV and radio commissions for the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who which will culminate in the special 75-minute story, The Day of the Doctor to be broadcast on Saturday November 23rd.
- BBC Two will screen the 90-minute biopic, An Adventure in Space and Time which stars David Bradley as William Hartnell
- Matthew Sweet explores the cultural impact of Doctor Who in a hour-long special of The Culture Show, whilst Professor Brian Cox will present his own Royal Lecture before an audience of fans
- BBC Four will repeat a newly restored version of the four-part adventure, An Unearthly Child
- CBBC will feature two live Doctor Who themed episodes of Blue Peter, and a one-off 'vox-pops' show called 12 Again
- The Ultimate Guide will air on BBC Three, and viewers will get to vote for the programme's greatest baddie in their Monsters and Villains Weekend
- Radio 2 will broadcast two new documentaries, The Blagger's Guide and Who is the Doctor? and Graham Norton will host his weekly show live from the Doctor Who Celebration in London
- an hour-long documentary looking at Time Lord Rock (TROCK) will air on Radio 1
- Radio 4 Extra, the home of Doctor Who audio stories, is to broadcast a three-hour programme, Who Made Who?