An initial package of six classic Target book titles are to be republished this summer, all complete with their original and iconic Chris Achilleos covers. Currently long since deleted and much sought after, these reprinted Doctor Who novelisations will appeal to old and new readers alike.
Released by BBC Books in July and priced at £4.99 each, the titles are as follows:
- The Daleks by David Whitaker was the first TV serial to be adapted as a novel, and was published in hardback in November 1964, less than a year after the story was shown. Paperback editions were then issued in 1965 (Armada) and 1973 (Target).
- The Crusaders (based on serial P) also by Whitaker was first published in 1966.
- The Cybermen (based on The Moonbase) by Gerry Davis, 1975.
- The Abominable Snowmen (based on serial NN) by Terrance Dicks, 1974.
- The Auton Invasion (based on Spearhead from Space) also by Dicks, 1974.
- The Cave Monsters (based on The Silurians) by Malcolm Hulke, 1974.
The novels include new forewords from writers Neil Gaiman, Charlie Higson, Gareth Roberts, Stephen Baxter, Russell T Davies, and Dicks, respectively.