Shown on the Horror channel today, the British anthology feature, The House That Dripped Blood, starred the newly cast Third Doctor actor, Jon Pertwee (as Paul Henderson, seen here in a similar costume), cinema Doctor Peter Cushing (as Philip Grayson), and future 'Unbound' Time Lord, Geoffrey Bayldon (as Von Hartmann).
Released in 1971, the film consisted of four linked short stories, all scripted by Robert Bloch - the famous writer of Psycho (1960). Here, a Scotland Yard detective investigated four mysteries, all centred on the eponymous building.
Distributed by Amicus, the movie was produced by Max Rosenberg and Milton Subotsky - the co-producers of the two Dalek films of the 1960's - and also featured these eight 'classic' era Doctor Who actors:
- John Bennett (DI Holloway) played General Finch in Invasion of the Dinosaurs, and Li H'sen Chang n The Talons of Weng-Chiang
- John Bryans (Stoker) played Torvin in The Creature from the Pit (opposite Bayldon as Organon)
- Ingrid Pitt (Carla, pictured) and Tom Adams (Dominick and Richard) both appeared in Warriors of the Deep, as Dr Solow and Commander Vorshak respectivley, and Pitt was also Queen Galleia in The Time Monster
- Richard Coe (Talmadge) was the TV Announcer in The Chase: The Executioners
- Wolfe Morris (Proprietor) was Padmasambhava in The Abominable Snowmen
- Roy Evans (Hunchback) was Trantis in The Daleks' Master Plan, Bert in The Green Death, and a Miner in The Monster of Peladon
- for Joanna Lumley (Crew girl) see my first blog for The New Avengers