Shown on the Horror channel today, this Amicus feature starred genre legends Christopher Lee (born 1922) and Peter Cushing (as Dr. Marlowe and Frederick Utterson).
I, Monster was writer (and co-producer) Milton Subotsky's take on the classic gothic novella, The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, first published in 1886. This version is considered very faithful to Stevenson's book, but is set in Edwardian London.
Released by British Lion in 1971, the film featured six other Doctor Who cast and crew connections:
- Richard Hurndall (Lanyon) played the First Doctor (pictured) in The Five Doctors
- Susan Jameson (Diane) voiced Mrs. Moynihan for The Spectre of Lanyon Moor (Big Finish, 2000), then the recurring character of Mrs. Wibsey for the Hornets' Nest (2009), Demon Quest (2010), and Serpent Crest (2011) series from AudioGo (she had been cast as Morgan for Colony in Space but was replaced by Tony Caunter)
- Ian McCulloch (Man) was Nilson in Warriors of the Deep
- Aimée Delamain (Landlady) was Dona Arana in (the first part of) The Two Doctors
- fellow producer Max Rosenberg and Buster Ambler (sound mixer) both worked on the two Dalek films