Sunday 8 May 2022

NEW DOCTOR ANNOUNCED TODAY


With no fanfare whatsover, 
Jodie Whittaker's successor
was fianlly announced today on the official Doctor Who
social media accounts.
The Fourteenth Doctor will be played by 29-years old
Rwandan-born actor Ncuti Gatwa, star of Netflix's Sex
Education. He revealed that he was cast in February.

Speaking on his new role, Gatwa said: "There aren't the
words todescribe how I'm feeling. A mix of deeply
honoured, beyond excited and of course a bit scared.
This role and show means so much to so many around
the world, including myself, and each one of my incredibly
talented predecessors has handled that unique responsibility
and privilege with the utmost care. I will endeavour to do the
same.
Russell T Davies is almost as iconic as the Doctor himself
and being able to work is a dream come true. His writing is
dynamic, exciting, incredibly intelligent and fizzing with danger.
An actor's metaphorical playground. The entire team have been
so welcoming and truly give their hearts to the show. And so
much as it's daunting. I'm aware I'm joining a really supportive
family. Unlike the Doctor, I may only have one heart but I am
 giving it all to this show."
Meanwhile, returning showrunner Davies commented: "The
future is here and its Ncuti! Sometimes talent walks through
the door and it's so bright and bold and brilliant, I just stand
back in awe and thank my lucky stars. Ncuti dazzled us, seized
hold of the Doctor and owned those TARDIS keys in seconds.
 It's an honour to work with him, and a hoot, I can't wait to
get started. I'm sure your'e dying to know more, but we're
rationing ourselves for now, with the wonderful Jodie's epic
finale to come - I promise you, 2023 will be spectacular!"

No comments:

Post a Comment